Monday, May 10, 2010

BuffMother Lisa's Story

Meet BuffMother! Lisa from NE!

This woman knows how to hit it hard and be a success in whatever she does.From the moment I met Lisa through www.BuffMother.com, I have been captivatedby her determination to LIVE life to its fullest. She successfully juggledher career as a chiropractor, and job as a mother of 3 young children while training hard for her first figure contest. (Which she won!) I know Lisa will accomplish all her goals because she stays positive and always gets it done!







Lisa’s Testimony

I think hormonal timing (HT) could be a major breakthrough for women’s fitness. I love it!! When I first read about it, I thought “this is so cool, it really makes sense.” As a chiropractor, I’ve taken seminars and studied a lot on the female hormones, cycles and nutrition. I think the key point to HT is that your workouts change as you are going through hormonal fluctuations in your cycle. The second half of the month can be a time of stress, increased emotions, depressed feelings, bloating, pain, etc. So having a workout that is less intense and being able to eat more calories just makes sense! Personally Hormonal Timing has helped me establish consistency. The coolest part is that HT is a long term plan, something I will do for life!! I have been following HT training for over two years now (began Spring 2007). I have completely transformed my body from soft, flabby and just kinda skinny fat after losing the baby weight, to a fit, athletic muscular yet feminine physique. Here’s my story. . . .

My youngest of 3 children was 1 year old. I had lost all the weight I had gained during pregnancy, but was left with a body that I was not happy with. I was skinny fat ~ Yuck! I felt and looked flabby, I wanted a tight muscular athletic look. I loved looking at the muscular physiques of the women in popular fitness magazines. That was the look I wanted. What better way is there to get the look of a figure competitor than to compete!

I was inspired and knew what I wanted, but I didn’t know how to get there. I started searching the web for any helpful information on competing. What I found would change my life! Buffmother.com captivated me – Michelle Berger, Buffmother, was a mother of 4 children who had won 5 figure titles the year after having twins. When I found her site, I read everything she wrote and joined her private members area for women only, the Rally Room. I hoped that by joining the Rally Room I would learn more about what Buffmother did to transform her body. My hopes were exceeded beyond my wildest dreams! I learned about Michelle’s revolutionary Hormonal Timing training program that revolves around your monthly cycles and hormone patterns. I made friendships with other women in the Rally Room who also had a quest for health and fitness. Most of all, the women in the Rally Room gave me encouragement which motivated me more than I ever thought possible!

I competed 6 times over the next year in Figure and Bikini contests, placing high in all the contests. Many times I was competing against girls 10 -15 years younger than me. They were always amazed to hear I that I am the mother of 3 children! It was an amazing experience competing with athletes of that caliber.

Now, I am almost 40 years old and in the best shape of my life!!! I owe it all to hormonal timing, Buffmother Michelle, the girls in the Rally Room, and of course a lot of hard work! It is hard work, but it is sooo worth it. I love feeling and looking healthy. I want to set a good example for my children.

At this point in time, I am done competing for now (maybe in 2010, maybe??). Instead, I am excited to help train other women in their quest for health and fitness. I am now one of Michelle’s Buffmother Hormonal Timing Trainers. I am setting up online training programs and loving helping others!


www.BuffMother.com

No comments:

Post a Comment